Friday, March 29, 2013

Rainbow Honey Siren Song

Hello again!

I am terribly sorry that there has been so many gaps since I started this blog. It's mostly because I have had no time because of school and my job but now that I'm unemployed for the moment I have a little time. I'll try to put up posts every once in a while when I get inspired but I can't promise anything, unfortunately. I do apologize for this.

I received my first Rainbow Honey in a swap this weekend and it was so pretty I had to put it on! I figured a teal would look lovely with it and I think it turned out great! As always, please ignore my awful clean up job and this time somehow the tips of my pointer and middle fingers got screwed up. How? I don't know. Things like this happen often. Haha. This is Essie Turquoise & Caicos with accent nails of Rainbow Honey Siren Song:

Close up of the accent nail

Unfortunately the Essie was super streaky and left bald spots, which is common for Essie polish in my experience. It ended up being fine after 3 coats but I think that's too many. The Rainbow Honey went on great! I got tons of glitter in one layer so I left it that way. I normally don't like polish with a ton of glitter but this one was completely beautiful and worth it. All of the glitter layed out super flat. If you didn't know, Siren Song has a light blue-ish base but I didn't want to have a bunch of layers to get it opaque so I chose to layer it over the Essie. I think it turned out great!

What did you think? Would you layer the Rainbow Honey over a different color or just leave it by itself? Let me know in the comments!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment