Thursday, May 30, 2013

Influenster Spring Vox Box 2013

Hello lovelies!

I have been away for a while but now that I'm done with school I should be posting more blog entries soon. Today I'm reviewing the Spring Vox Box from Influenster.

If you aren't familiar with Influenster, it's a program where you fill out surveys and they will send you products based on your answers to try. The only thing you have to do once you get your products is write reviews of the products. So basically you get FREE products and all you have to do is review. Piece of cake! If you'd like to find out more, click here or go to Influenster's website to sign up for free. :)

Now on to the box!

This is basically how everything came in the box
 All the goodies!

So here's what came in the box:
  1.  Secret Outlast Clear Gel Antiperspirant/Deodorant
  2. NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red
  3. Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure
  4. Tastykake Kandy Bare Kakes in Reese's Peanut Butter
  5. OSiS Dust It by Schwarzkopf Professional 
Everyone got 1-4, but there were two different products from Schwarzkopf Professional that we could have received. They were OSiS Rough Rubber and OSiS Gelastic. I have no idea what any of these products are, but maybe some of you do?

"Secret Outlast Clear Gel Antipersperant/Deodorant leaves fewer white marks on clothes than the next leading invisible solid! And, with 48 hour odor and wetness protection at such a low price, why pay more?" This product retails at $4.95.

 My scent was Completely Clean but I'm not sure if that's the standard or if it was possible to get other scents. While I'm not usually a fan of gel deodorant because they're sticky, I actually liked this one. It worked a lot better than the normal non-gel deodorant I usually get and it lasted a lot longer. It smelled really clean, but I'd like to try some fruity scents if they have any. It didn't leave any white marks on my clothes, as the description suggested, but I didn't wear it for 48 hours (a girl's gotta shower, you know?!) but I'm not entirely sure it would have lasted that long. As for the wetness protection, it worked great! I worked in the deli last night at work and I sweat a LOT but I didn't smell it; I only smelled the deodorant. A+

"NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm delivers color, shine and moisture in one single swipe! The unique apple-shaped core is filled with Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, and Avocado Oil to give lips a healthy, irresistible look." This product retails at $2.99.


I don't use lip balms a lot because I only have problems in the winter with my lips being dry and such, but this balm is pretty nice. The color is very slight but it's pigmented enough to where you can tell that you have gloss on your lips. It is pretty moisturizing, but not for very long; maybe a couple hours. I tend to lick and bite my lips a lot so that may be why. I like the shape of the applicator as well. It's nicer than the regular balms I us. I also thought the little apple core inside the gloss was adorable! I probably wouldn't buy this again, but it is a nice product.

"Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure feature advanced nail technology, so you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds - simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week!" This product retails between $5.99-$7.99.
 
If you read my blog (or looked at the name), you know that I am a nail junkie. Nail polish, nail art, fake nails, what have you; I love it all. I was super anxious to try these because they seemed to be a LOT easier than your typical fake nails. No annoying nail glue to deal with! Unfortunately I am not a fan of animal prints so I won't wear these, but I gave them to a friend to try and she thought they were great! While it wasn't a 'salon'perfect manicure,' it was pretty close. She said they were easy to use, lasted a while, and did have a great shine. I plan on trying a different design and trying them myself, but for now I hope you're okay with my friend's review.

"OSiS Dust It is a multi purpose mattifying powder that adds incredible root lift, texture and control." This product retails for $23.50.

I have NEVER heard of this product or anything like it. I don't really do much with my hair other than shampoo and condition it, other than the occasional straighten/curl for a special night, so this is way out of my league. And is it just me or is the description kind of confusing? It doesn't even say what to do with it on the bottle, which is even more confusing. All it says is, "lightweight powder to texturize," "soft matt effect," "light control & separation," "long lasting hold," and "natural feel." What? Okay, so where the heck am I supposed to put this powder stuff? Sorry, Influenster, but I can't even try this product. It's that confusing. And I would NEVER pay $23.50 for a little bottle of this stuff.

Last is the product I was most excited to try; a Tastykake Kandy Bar Kake! I live in Arizona and we didn't have these until Hostess went out of business, but I've been hearing my boyfriend (who lives in Pennsylvania for college) talk about these and I have been wanting to try one for 3 years.

"Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes are light and fluffy chocolate enrobed caked with a delicious creme filling in a unique kandy bar shape. Available in S'mores, Peppermint, and Peanut Butter." These retail at $4.49 per box.

Oh. My. Gosh. Can you say DELICIOUS?! Yes, I am a larger lady. Yes, I have the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know. BUT that does mean I am good at knowing which sweet type things are good and which aren't. This Peanut Butter Tastykake was just awesome. The cake was super fluffy, as was the peanut butter filling. I have to tell you, I almost didn't get a picture of it I was so anxious to eat it. But it was well worth the wait! Now I have to try more Tastykakes. Haha.

That's it for now! Did you get an Influenster box and different products than I did? What did you think? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment