Sunday, January 13, 2013

Month of Untrieds Post 1

Hello all!

Tonight I have for you a manicure that I did for the 'month of untrieds' event we're doing in a group on Facebook (Show Me Your Top Coats). I've been really 'busy' the past two weeks (depressed and lazy is more like it) so I haven't really done much with my nails since my KBShimmer manicure. This is my first contribution to this event but I'm not really sure if I like it or not.

This is Zoya Neeka with accents of Picture Polish Mask-A-Rade on my ring fingers and thumbs.

(Please excuse the pictures, I'm still learning (and doing horrible!) with lighting and such.)

In this picture you can see more of the gold and red tones of Mask-A-Rade.


I'm not sure how I feel about this manicure just yet. It may be the way I painted my nails, but Zoya Neeka looks NOTHING on the nail like it does in the bottle. I'm an airhead and forgot to take bottle shots, but in the bottle it's a much lighter and prettier purple with shimmery pink undertones. On my nails the purple is much darker and you can't really tell what color the shimmer is. I'm kind of disappointed. :( However, I'm kind of pleased with Mask-A-Rade. I received it in a grab bag and immediately was disappointed, since I'm not the biggest fan of glitters. On the nail it's actually very pretty and it's a really fine glitter polish so it really isn't that bad. :)

What do you think of this polish? Do you love it, hate it, or are you kind of in the middle like I am? Let me know if the comments.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment